Thursday, April 3, 2014

How embarrassing LOL

It is amazing how excited and ready I was to tackle this quilt.  Then I get out in the sun and have some fun and never return.  A few things happened in the mean time. A friend and I purchased a HQ 18 Avante longarm from a favorite shop that was closing.  We took a class on the computerized system ProStitch. Our first customer quilt was a Christmasy wall hang that we really struggled with.  I even did some  Shasiko on it with a Baby Lock Shasiko machine we purchased  We "played" with our own quilts to get practice (after quilting about 10 of them, there are too many more to mention that need to be completed :)  ). We ate too much during the holidays.  We camped over New Years in Daytona, rained.  I spent about three weeks of January being sick with nasty sinus infection and wasn't even able to use CPAP. Luckily I was able to spend two weeks on vacation in February, nine days in Hawaii with Beverly Hills / Malibu on the front end and San Francisco / Napa Valley on the way home.   We have completed a few quilts for clients now.  Last Friday the PC DIED during a row of edge to edge quilting.  New one should arrive tomorrow so that we can complete it.  A wedding quilt needs to be completed by end of September.  For Christmas, I have also commissioned two quilts which will be made out of clothing of the parents, to be given the daughters.

SO I think I will go up and pick out an easy block and just GITTERDONE !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment